Saturday, February 4, 2017

Solace For Tonight (anti-Trump song)

SOLACE FOR TONIGHT By Jesse Scobie

Bmin/G Emin
I feel betrayed, deserted and dismayed,
Cadd6 D7
but I know it’s always darkest before the dawn
We were told to expect, then respect,
the first Madame President singing her song
Instead we reached and breached,
the boiling point of deep seeded anger
While the year saw the silence of voices
And a distorted reality of danger

Bmin7/G B7
I just need some solace for tonight,
Emin Cmaj7
I see cities crumbling down, it gives me fright
I just need some solace for tonight,
We’ve come so far, raising the bar
For our right to survive, and one day thrive,
but for now..
We just need some solace for tonight, some solace for tonight

Bmin7/G Emin
The days grow shorter, in the post-mortem of our prime
Cadd6 D7
Mothers and fathers tell stories of the better days
When we stayed stuck on those email lines, they gathered their troops and sailed away
Now they have landed here in DC, our leaders have changed, and time will only tell
Who will govern the land of free, life and liberty, who rose above and who fell


Bmin7/G B7
I just need some solace for tonight,
Emin Cmaj7
I see my immigrant friends, their eyes filled with fright
I just need some solace for tonight,
For the women, children and sick, we still fight
For their rights to survive, but for now…
We all need some solace for tonight, some solace for tonight

No comments: